Saturday, April 21, 2007

Prince: Office words of mouth...

I was dwell into office politic that may prove disadvantage to me. Somehow rumor on my request for transfer starting to spread & becoming word of mouth of colleagues. God knows how they discover the most private & confidential issue in office, but I do learn something – if you plan to keep it P & C, then make sure you tell nothing to no one because word of mouth always start from the one, and the one you think you can trust..(I think I tell many of them!)

Anyway, thing aren’t worsen till my direct superior question my Medical leave few days back, and I suddenly become object of suspicion to have attended interview elsewhere. Thing started to seem ridiculous, and this is especially crucial for me when appraisal & evaluation are around the corner!

For I wish to stay neutral and be fair & square in my statement forward to anyone questioning me; I wish to sustain my dignity & integrity to those around me though I do not know how far I can stretch; for I know I will try my ever best to avoid becoming a tool for somebody uses to hit another – and becoming a strategic political point means I am gradually devastating myself.

Anyhow, though none has ever stayed more than 6 months in my current position, I have eventually stayed up to one year and still going. Imagine living in this office environment that full of cynicism, and I am lucky to still remain untainted, and with tiny wish just for a transfer.

No comments: