Friday, March 31, 2006

Prince: Bad Experience...

University Malaya is proclaimed as one of the best University in Malaysia, but the sluggish service is a bit turn-off at the moment. I had a pretty bad experience recently when I called for enquiry.

I called up the faculty of business a few days back to ask for Dr. Sharifah, who is the dean of business faculty. The lady in the phone reprimanded me for not calling the correct number, and asked me to call another extension. I asked if she can help to transfer, but she said she cannot transfer call internally. She gave me the number then, 03-79676 3981.

Unwillingly, I redial the new number. Another lady picked up my call, but unfortunately Dr. Sharifah was not around at the moment, so I was asked to call back after 15 minutes.

I waited 15 minutes, and called the number the lady gave me earlier; and a lady picked up my call. I can recognise the voice as coming from the same lady who I have spoken to in my second call.

I asked for Dr. Sharifah, but she reprimanded me again, saying that I should call another number. I told her that I have called the number given to me earlier, but she insisted that I should call the other number, and so I asked for the number again.

She uttered, ‘you should call this number -03-7976 3981’

‘Yes, this is the number I called’, I answered.

‘Which one is the correct number now? I have called the number you gave me earlier though’, I explained.

She puzzled, and answered, ‘Oh, yes, it is this phone. The person in charge is not around; you may call back after 5 minutes’

No comments: