Sunday, June 18, 2006

Prince: Long-Lost Diaries Continue...

18 JUNE 2006
NOKIA N91...


Hey, something special today; I bought my first ever cell phone!

I used out-fashion cell phones, and careless for the feature; so long it allows me to buzz people; hence, throughout 4 years of working, I have never spent on cell phone. I believe this is something ‘not so important’ as well.

After I joined this new company of mine, I realise the important of cell phone, and camera has become a ‘must’ criteria, because we have to snap picture of gondola in hypermarket for top management’s review; and show it to every salesperson in the meeting. It is increasing important when a project is progressing because it allows us to record our problems as a proof of viewing.

What drives me so much to spend $2,999 for this stupid hand phone, and get tied-up for the 12 months instalment plan!

Hmmm…..

Well, it is because I have a project ongoing nationwide, and coincidentally, my cell phone was malfunction! Every promoter, every sales person, and every one that are related to the project are calling me for their problems. They are expecting solution from me in real-time basis. I got no choice but decided to purchase a new phone, so on and so forth; I realize that I do not have much cash in hand. Hence, I need to pay by instalment. Then I realise that I need to go online very often to check my emails, hence Wi5 connection becomes another ‘must’ criteria. I visited Nokia booth at Low Yatt, and they told me that there are only two types Nokia handset that has the Wi5 features; which is Nokia N….something…cost..$2,699; and Nokia N91..cost RM 2,999. but N91 tag-along with 4G of memory! Of course I would put that under consideration…so I purchase it right away!

(Seriously speaking, N91 software reacts a bit slow though…you need to consider that too….)

***********************************

17 JUNE 2006
The Routine...


I got a lot to do during week day, while, weekend, I was unconsciously busy with my housework! Yeah, I can’t understand why either.

Anyway, I am glad that I am able to spend sometime today in Starbuck loading some of my story up. Nothing much special these days after shifted away from all my best pals in Cheras.

Talking about work, it has always been work, though, I understand I must love my job and developed my passion; but it faded when I returned home every day! And, the love and passion rises again every morning…It is like uptrend and down trend of the day…

***********************************

15 JUNE 2006
The Claims...


My company paid me every last day of the month; but during the month, we will have to give back at last 10% of our salary to our company, WHY?

Because we have to spend at least 10% of our salary for the company’s expenses, and we only get our expenses claim end of the months.

Many had complaints about it, but nothing can be done; what I can say is that “Give & Take”…Live with it…=)

***********************************

07 JUNE 2006
The Office Politic


Office politic is something that kills company efficiency. I had lunch with my superior. I shared with him what I have heard throughout the month in the company. I told him that I will be taking a neutral position with regard to all the criticisms because I am unable to discern the black and white at this moment.

As for his advice, he wants me to stay strong with my position and advise those who criticises, trying to brainwash them to bring them back into the right track. I am quiet for a while, and replied, “I will try to do so”.

Come on, who would want to take the risk to ‘brainwash’ the old-stager in the company. They might think that you are trying to show-off and keep you out next time. What I can do now is to ‘look see look see’…

***********************************

05 JUNE 2006
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People


My superior recommended the whole department to purchase a book written by Stephen Covey; ‘The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People’.

Initially, I was kind of reluctant because motivation book has never been my favourite , but after reading the first few chapters; I realize that this is what I have always talking about with my friends regarding human personality.

The book explained how we can be more effective people by being effective on ourselves at first.

You should read it too.....

No comments: