Saturday, October 14, 2006

Prince: Singapore Trips..Damn busy..





My MD decided to hand me a new product portfolio; I should be happy but I am skeptical as I have to learn Japanese Language, and start to prepare myself for 2 months training in Japan next year.

Reason being, I have not thought of my long term career in the company; taking this challenge will definitely affect my personal planning for a PhD study next year. I doubt that I have time for my study which requires a total commitment.

Anyhow, many advise me to take the challenge, as nothing is impossible. No one knows the future, but I always keep my mind clear of what I want in future.

Career & Study and learning new Language; will I be able to juggle my time for these three items…

*****************************************

Desperately need to understand Japanese language, I bought a text book from MPH cost at RM 70 (damn expensive!); Hopefully to grab the language within 6 months time, so that I have no problem to communicate in Japanese next year (or otherwise, I will be totally lost!)…

*****************************************

In midst of contemplation, yet I know I wasn’t given a choice; I was sent to Singapore for market visits & preliminary product launch meeting. When many admire me of the opportunity to go abroad; my innermost thought ‘Damn! It’s going to be a busy business trip!’

We managed to attend an important meeting in Jusco in the morning; hitting noon, we went for lunch at Jusco IchiBan Ramen, and hastened out to the airport to catch the 2pm flight to Singapore.

3pm - Arriving at Singapore; while waiting for another colleague from Japan who arrived only at 5pm, we hang around a coffee center in Changi Airport, doing our planning & tomorrow presentation.

What’s worse, I only realize that my cellular phone can’t detect the network in Singapore; meaning, I am totally out of touch with Malaysia. No matter how I change the setting, the outcome remained the same. Perhaps, I did not subscribe to GPRS? Who knows…?

6pm checking into Copestone King Hotel at Havelock road; we drop our luggage and proceed for Market Visits. We visited 5 outlets before we had our buffet dinner at Mandarin Hotel at 10.30pm.

Knowing that it was 11.30pm, we finally decided to leave when we sate our appetite for food; upon arriving hotel, one of the managers ushers us into the Hotel Pub for a drink. ‘For god sake, they just can’t get away from drink, can they?’

Anyway, I don’t even know a thing of what they were talking about; ‘Well, long way for me to have a grasp of Japanese Language though’. I couldn’t care more; giving my smiles all the while as if I understand their conversation. We finally decided to return to our own crib at 12.30pm!

Not forgetting that we got an important meeting tomorrow at 9am sharp. Wish me good luck…

***********************

We had the morning meeting until 2pm, when we were hunger for food, the managers book a table at Peach Garden, some well-known restaurant in Singapore, the lunch spent approximately 2 hours, cost at least a few hundreds and more, spent by the Singapore partners. Such a luxurious lunch was hard to experience but my Japanese manager seems to love it so much that they require returning here next around.

Singapore is so much sophisticated compare to Malaysia, though the currency conversion is a pain on my neck, especially when I converted RM 200 for only 80 Sin dollars. Anyway, who cares, the luxurious of going out with Big Boss is that they paid for everything…

No comments: