Sunday, August 13, 2006

Prince: Oh..my Thought...

26 JULY 2006
Mis-Comm…


There are always miscommunications in the company, and the worst thing to do is blaming others for the miscommunication. I always have that with my senior executive, and it leads me to retrospect of my degree of understanding. Am I having low understanding?

I struggle for 3 months, and the problem still exist. This time, I realize that the problem does not lay on me alone anymore. Perhaps, the other party needs to change her communication attitude. I have tried to reaffirmed of what I was told to do, and the response is always ‘grudge’ of making the other repeating of what was said, yet it helps me to correct the miscommunication that yet to occurs.

In that case, I have to take a step further to educate her about communication that has passion & patience, and not just merely transmitting information or command. Do you have those problems in your office? Sometimes people do not realise that the problem lay on them, and yet they keep blaming others for not understanding, it could be your communication skills though.

*******************************

27 JULY 2006
Another Offer…


I got an offer as an assistant manager from one of the company who called me up at the wrong time, wrong place. I was going out with my Managing director for a presentation in Dietheml. While, shifting the material on the car, my phone rang. I spoke to the person while opening the door with my MD bedside me, I was so worried that he might hear what I was talking about that I only gave a short answer to questions asked in the phone.

‘Are you currently attached to any company?’ ‘Yes’
‘Are you interest of taking a jump’? ‘Not at the moment’
‘We would like to offer you as an assistant manager, will you be interested then?’ ‘Not at the moment’

‘I am sorry for the inconvenient, and thank you for your time’ – ‘Thanks for calling’

*********************************************

30 JULY 2006
Baby Contest….


I attended the Baby Contest organised by Pa & Ma magazine. We were the main sponsor for the events to have the pleasure of being the honorary guest. Looking at those babies, reminded me about my time working in Kindergarten. I wonder how those babies are getting on now. Perhaps, they have grown up by 1 kg / a centimetre higher than last year. (I smiled to myself)…

*****************************************

31 JULY 2006
when we not enforce ourselves to perform…


My superior made us study for 15 minutes every morning (5 pages from Stephen Covey’s book), in hope that we would become more effective. We had good sharing every morning, those sharing are from our heart, and insight of what we have learnt from the 5 pages every day. However, talk and walk are always different. I still did not notice any changes from anyone of us, self-awareness is still very low among the teams. What is happening? Perhaps, they would just share for the sake of obligation?

*************************************

01 August 2006
Awareness is not Perfect


Self-awareness is not the only criteria to change, persistency is.

I always hear that in my team that they aware of their mistake, and yet they are still doing it again and again.

A normal person would somehow retrospect after their mistake, and try their ever best to prevent it from happening again.

In my company case, it seems that people do not really take serious thought about their mistake.
Perhaps, they think that the word ‘Sorry’ is easier to say than really changing themselves.

*******************************************

03 August 2006
They plan to leave


My senior colleagues plan to leave the company, she has been complaining about the management since I join the company. Perhaps, she wishes to influence my thought. I have been trying to impart a good value in her but seem in vain. The last thing she said is that, ‘Ok, from now on, I will not talk about our company anymore’. That doesn’t seems to be good, if she didn’t talk about it, she will most probably keep in her heart, and it will burst our one day when she no longer able to keep it anymore. Sometimes, we have to make sure that we think it ‘right’.

**************************************

10 August 2006
Sick but commitment is important too…


I am feeling sick today, but recall of the presentation that I have to do in Guardian for all the nutritionist. I believe I have no choice but to present at work since I have promised my sales people for the work. I always believe that if I am committed myself into something, I must try my ever best to make it for the commitment. This is my personal principles…

**************************************

11 August 2006
Sick but commitment is important too…


What a restful day to recover from my illness. The doctor is kind enough to give one & a half day Medical Leave. I wake up early in the morning and text all my colleagues about my absence today, and that they shall refer to my senior colleague for any urgent issue. This is to avoid any emergency call while I am resting at home.

I am recovering from fever, leaving a slight sore throat. I decided to go swimming at noon to get some sweats. Feeling starve after swimming; and wondering what to eat, I have been having bread since last night, and I really want something new. I am feeling a bit bored for eating bread again today. I finally decided to visit Giant Kelana Jaya to purchase some ingredient for chicken porridge.

Not forgetting I have got a party tonight. My colleague’s birthday party is having a barbecue session at Puchong. I am invited, and will be going with my wifey.

Talking about the birthday, my sales manager would like to share the birthday gift. I bought it for RM 30, and one of my sales executive expressed his interest to share the gift. Not long after, another marketing executive would like to share it too. It has split into 3 parts. Currently, we have 5 people sharing on RM 30 birthday gift, which may appears to be too cheap. I suggested giving an additional RM 10 each as ‘Ang Pow’, and all agree.

Come on man, RM 30 shared by 5 people, what a cheapskate we could be. Ha! They might be too busy to purchase a gift.

**************************************

No comments: