Saturday, June 09, 2007

Prince: Tough Work...

I started to feel myself as being paranormal when an important & impossible task was completed in such a short time-line. Eventually, it drained my resources, spiritually worn off for working non-stop for the past few weeks, has even taking away my weekend.

Sense of achievement? Though may not be true to myself, it is not an achievement after all, I am just doing my best to fulfill my duty in the company, where it should not be called commitment?

Ironically, you are considered as ‘very’ committed to your job when you work past hours, staying up late for assignment, or pushing yourself to the limit when you know it is impossible, is somehow, rather ironic to be tagged myself as ‘committed staff’.

I truly believe current organization has lost its logic to denominate the word ‘commitment’, as far from what it supposes to mean. It reminds me about organization leaders trying to nurture the behavior within.

Long ago, someone cited an organization should have a behavior that conducive enough for people residing in the company. And, not long later, someone argue that having organization behavior giving life to an organization, but somehow, do not support the claim as being a good company; hence, they claim that company should have ‘good’ organization behavior, and academician starts to pursue such dream, educational article printed, penetrating the college & university, and people are gushing towards that direction hoping to educate the people about ‘good’ behavior. It works somehow, it becomes simply a wish of mouth for many leaders, a word which constantly claim by many leaders, that never been realized at the end.

What I want to say here is that, the meaning of ‘commitment’ may have suffered the same destiny. Company claims the need of committed staff but never able to give a proper definition to ‘commitment’, and eventually victimized the staff…I feel it too…

No comments: