Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Prince: Action-Reflection-Personality-Thought

“Change is important for a person, but sudden change can become a disaster. I confronted a friend of mine, who has been pursuing for a change in his personality, has finally change in quite a sudden. Everyone around him perceived the change as too aggressive, extreme and anti-social, but for him, it is unique.

“Week ago, I had to call him for an urgent issue, he was unreachable, thus, I sent him a few messages through ‘Short-Message-System’ (SMS); yet no response from him. Leaving me no choice, but to send him a few messages through Yahoo Massager, hoping that he may receive the message and reply (He online mostly at work); unfortunately, I receive no reply as well.” Prince commented, and added-on grinningly, “Such a busy person, do not even has a minute to reply a message; I assume he must has been working for 24 hours a day for the past whole week!

“Without a clue of contacting him, I finally reached up for his younger brother, as I believe he has the ‘Big B’ tendency in the family, where he will start to question if anything that his younger brother knows but he doesn’t, and of course, his younger brother will pass the message to him. True enough, he called to ask why he doesn’t know about the matter. Guess he has to retrospect on his own behaviour…” Prince sighed with frustration and disappointment.

Prince went on and said, “Still remember, when thing starts to go wrong, presumably thing started to change in him. Since then, he has adopted an indifferent behaviour towards anything that happens among his friends. Perhaps, he believes that in order to change, he has to isolate himself from those friends; yet he has done it ‘not’ tactful enough which hurt many around him, burgeoning his ‘arrogant’ personality, which he carries along with him.”

“His article which carries an anti-social element was written with certain degree of hatred toward his surrounding. We can sense the degree of inferiority, hatred, and the degree of flaming desire to become a unique person is tumbling in his mind.” Prince explained tactfully.

“At such a vulnerable stage, a person will usually being carried away by their circumstance, obviously, we have to forgive him for such an innocent feels driven by the circumstance, coupled with his vulnerable personality.” Prince urged with degree of sympathy. “It is similar to children abused by parents, suffering an impact on their personality-formation”.

“They met up again two days ago, unfortunately, I can’t join the session. Disregard of his hatred and his extreme article about hanging out at night, at last, he still managed to come out. He had also articulated his intention not to club but this reminded me about the birthday party weeks ago; when we club at bar flame. At this junction, I would believe he has understood the meaning of ‘extreme’ and ‘flexible’, similarly, I would also believe that he has understood the pillar of personality is somehow the most important focus for change.” Prince hoped for the best.

“However, on what I heard from my friends, he is still the same as previous hang-out, showing arrogance look which he thought is unique. Unfortunately, it is hard to accept a fake personality. Whenever you answer a question to him, he will give you a grin; hinting ‘despise’ and ‘sarcasms’, they do not feel comfortable with it. I can imagine that kind of facial expression similar to the previous hang-out session. It doesn’t command respect from the peers, but it create self-arrogant in the person himself.”

“All that I can foresee in future to arrive, shall he become a wealthy person in future, and he shall be arrogant as he can be, to indicate his achievement to others, indirectly or directly. This, of course, can help to boast his self-achievement. I must say, this type of behaviour is possible by judging at his current personality.” Prince related. "Poor little fellow, we all wonder; is he in depression stage or what...sigh...as friend, we will, still lend our hands whenever he needs help- as we have decided to forgive him..for it is not his will to be what he is 'being' now..."

Food for thought…

Sometimes it is hard for us to understand our mistake, we need people to pin-point, while we must embrace an open-mind toward criticism, and change accordingly. There is no reason to be stubborn, and upset of people’s critic, if you are in that position, then you may not be able to improve.

Every session with Cath and Sim, I will ask them if there’s anything wrong with me, shall there be any room for change, and they should voice it out to me so that I can change accordingly for the best.

I asked my wifey last two days ago before I slept, “Is there anything you want to talk to me? Is there anything that you feel dissatisfied with me that you want me to change?”

She said I am very stubborn sometimes, “you will not see, talk or even listen to the person you feel ‘fed-up’ with for quite sometimes” she said.

Yes, it is true, when I fed-up with someone, I would prefer not to see that person for some time to avoid further conflict, as I know I am a straight forward person, and I would pin-point the mistake straight away without giving much ‘face’, and that is bad if I confronted the person. That is why I prefer to stay quiet by not confronting the person. However, months back, I realised that this is not a good solution, so I have decided that ‘not confronting’ the person will only help me to cool down first, and then I will confront the person to articulate my thought. In this case, it will soften the approach which may be better.

She also said that I am naggish, well, I am trying my best not to be, as this is actually my New Year resolution I made in front of Sim and Cath at Station One! Yes, I still remember that…

No comments: