Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Prince: Email from someone ...

He met up with his friend, a marketing director at mid thirties. She asked him when he wants to achieve his ‘million’, ‘35 year-old perhaps’, he answered with some doubt.

Day after that he received a replied email from her, sharing her thought about achievement and dream. She was mentioning about the society, that rich people not necessary highly educated, while, highly educated people are not necessary rich. She has got a point, and has actually enlightened him, but this, has actually gone through his thought before. He replied the email as below…

“Thanks a lot for your input, it is, of course, enlightened me on my thought.
Yes, you are right that my immediate goal is to get a good paying job, while continue with my PhD study.

Frankly, I have never given up on my dream to achieve my first million / billion. Age, certainly is not a problem for me, where else, if I couldn’t make my million at the age of 35, I don’t mind making it only at the age of 45. The duration is not my concern but the sustainability is the most important.

Well, I have read the most successful person in the society, yes, of course, some has a degree from Harvard / reputable Univerity; some of them not even a SPM leaver. This is the dilemma in our society, creating imbalance distribution of knowledge, and it is not under our control though.

Most graduate, stop being aggressive, or I would say, the graph of aggressiveness going downhill as the higher qualification they obtain. They do not dare to dream, instead they only look for job security, and intend to lead only a normal life.

As for me, I always believe that a person must be dare to dream, and also aggressive, persistent and patient in pursuing their dream, yet also be passion in what they do. Qualification is what we need to enter the society, and it also means knowledge, if it is well-applied in whatever we are doing, it may bring efficiency, sustainability and core competency, or perhaps more.

There are many categories of businesses in the world, leading to different thought and beliefs. Some company believes the theory of ‘expanding before investing’, while, some believes in ‘investing before expanding’, if I raise this question to you, which one would you prefer?

Personally, I prefer to invest before expand. We are talking about knowledge worker in the society nowadays. Managing knowledge workers need distinctive leadership, and it does not only relate to IT workers, but also those knowledgeable workers graduated from reputable University. In order for a company to step onto the competitive arena, they need human capital, and that, we mean knowledge-worker.

While, personality has also became one important factor. A company can not guarantee their recruitment of the ‘right people’. They may be knowledgeable, but incorrect match of personality, such as staff that has no commitment; will lead to high turn over. Thus, managing knowledge workers also mean cultivating the right value to foster the right personality in them, and it can only make possible through company culture, unfortunately, not many companies realise the important of company culture, and also, the method to foster and create the right culture.

Study is just a process in my life, to enable myself to step onto the arena, perhaps, a higher one. Education is mainly a process that enhanced your knowledge, most importantly, it shapes your thought about the world, cultivating in you-the right personality; and looking at the big pictures.

It is my first priority, coming to my second priority is to work as hard as possible, and learns as much as I could within the process- in my study and work. The question of whether I can achieve my million at my dreamt age is still in doubt. However, I don’t mind achieving it later in my life though. I always believe as long as I maintain the right thinking and personality, then nothing is impossible. I like to share, tell me about your thought, looking forward for your input.”

No comments: