Friday, April 21, 2006

Prince: Always have to risk...

Still remember 3 years ago; after my degree graduation, I took the offer as a business development executive in one of the small IT Company. I was put responsible for e-marketing and selling of IT products. Unfortunately, I left the job after two months, because I don’t find myself any future in selling IT products. I joined another small advertising company handling account servicing, and was doing quite well then. But at the end of the day, I found my job scope was confined, and all that I have learned was only ‘sell!’

It took me sometimes to think, and I decided that I should try something which I can learn some skills. By some twist of luck, I was recommended by one of my friend for the position as a PR executive. I took the risk to accept the PR job, which pays me 30% lower than my sales job. Life was a bit tight due to my personal financial commitment, but I managed to get through it. It took me two years to learn about PR and event management; and eventually, I thought I was at the right track.

Spending two years in Education industry is more than enough for me, and I really want something special and different, fast changing and allows me to learn and advance myself further.
I believe at some point of time, the private education industry will soon become part of ‘perfect-competition’ where everybody will be selling homogeneous product. I started to find myself become stagnant too. Thus, I have decided to take the risk to try-out other industry, and one industry which has caught my attention a year back is ‘FMCG’.

Today, I turned down the offer as an Assistant Brand Manager from one of the reputable University College in Malaysia, and thereon my future becomes dark and unpredictable again. I am a bit worry if I can get myself into my dream job, but I keep telling myself that I will be fine soon.

Yesterday, I got a call from Jen International again. The lady in charge is Michelle. She asked if I am keen for a marketing executive position which offered by one of the FMCG, but the salary offered may not be what I expected. My immediate response was ‘Yes’. She manages to secure an interview for me on Monday 2pm, and I wish myself luck this time…

3 comments:

LogicYuan said...

Just dropping by to say Hi !

All the best to your career!

Dr.Prince (王子- 陳琮祐) said...

Thanks for dropping by....+)

Doreen said...

good luck dude! :)