Saturday, April 15, 2006

Prince: Character Determines Your Future...!

My future worries me. Perhaps, that is the reason I constantly seek for ideas to improvise myself in so I can advance myself further for a better future. More crucially, I want to prove to my family members that I was not born with my destiny; my destiny is in my own hand. I still remember when my mother used to tell me that I do not have the academic aptitude. She told me it is my fate, and I have to live with it. I neither hate my parent nor preferably refrain seeing them, but I learn not to succumb to fate. I learn not to believe in it, but to change it even if it is destined! I convince myself that I can change my life, and I keep telling myself that I will create miracle to prove that my fate is not predestined.

I have been through a tough time in my diploma study due to my poor academic background in secondary school but I did not give up. As Vince Lombardi once said, ‘The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.’ Eventually, I have made it to my Master Study, and will soon be doing my PhD. Though, they have never thought I could make it that far for my study but they are still proud of me.

After my MBA graduation, I shared my vision with my mother. I told her about my business idea, my future and what I plan to do next. I told her that I do not want to work for people for the rest of my life. I deciphered the theory about, ‘employers determine your value’, and I expressed my concern for my future. She finally understood, but she whispered to me that I was born to ‘work for people’; she said that I can excel by working for people, but I do not have the fate to become a ‘boss’.

‘You will fail because people will cheat you’, she whispered.

I told her nothing is absolute; nothing is impossible, and I am willing to change my life for it, and I will never give up trying; at least, I try. I still remember Muhammad Ali once said, ‘Inside of a ring or out, it is nothing wrong with going down but it is wrong to stay down.’ and so I will never stay down.

I have also learn that ‘character destines your future’, and leaders are those who posses certain characters for success, and they are not born with their destiny. It doesn’t matter how hard it would be, but I know if I do not get what I want; I will keep trying as long as I am able to; because I know I haven’t fail; I just haven’t found the right business opportunity that works. Just like Albert Einstein once said, ‘I haven't failed; I just found 100,000 ways that don't work.’

‘Never give up trying’

1 comment:

buzybee said...

"my destiny is in my own hand."

Yes, God helps those who help themselves. But no, your destiny is in God's hand. God honours those who honours Him. Do your best, leave the rest to God and fear not.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Glad that you have a fighting spirit, but beware that pride comes before a fall.

Wish you all the best. :)