Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Prince: Forcing Employees into Lateness...

He looked at his punch card today, and realised that someone has scratched on his punch card to change his reporting time so that he was considered late to work. Of course, he was furious,and trying to find out 'Who' and 'why'.

The office hour starts at 8.30am every day, however, you are giving another 15 minutes for lateness- meaning until 8.45am. If you are still unable to make it before 8.45 am, then only they start to deduct yor salary.

He hold his punch card asking around and, eventually, he was told by his principal that 'she saw him come in late on that day'. Feeling uneasy, and irritating, he wrote a letter to her.

"Mrs. **** -The Pincipal
--Company Name--
--Address--

Mrs.***,

Re: Forcing employee into ‘Lateness’ to work

With reference to above matter, I am most delight to inform you that your action to scratch on my punch card in order to change my reporting time to work, is unethical and immoral. The changes that you have made are as below:-

3rd January 2006 – I reported to work at 844 am, but you somehow change to 9.30 am, forcing me into almost an hours late!

4th January 2006 – I reported to work at 8.30 am, but you change it to 9.00 am, which putting me into 30 minutes late!

You action is not justifiable under the labor law of Malaysia, and I hope you understand your role as a principal for a 5-Stars Kindergarten, where integrity, ethic and moral value are important to preserve.

As far as I am concern, Miss *** is the person who took the courtesy to help me wrote down the time, due to the malfunction of your punch card machine. If you want to prevent the similar problem occurring again, please do send the machine to workshop.

Meanwhile, I have taken the courtesy to‘re-amend’ the time in my punch card with my signature on it. Please find attach a photocopied version of my punch card as well.

Thanks

---name----
--designation--,
---company name---

2 comments:

Big Brother said...

well, what tha bro stated in our last conversation is proving to be true. Minor details would be taken in to consideration frm now onwards.

Dr.Prince (王子- 陳琮祐) said...

Yeap, but that is wrong though, its not cover under labour law. She can not just scratch off and write anytime as she likes!....ha!.. anyhow, i got the copy with me, heard that it can be a proof if anything goes wrong...