Friday, January 19, 2007

Prince: No sympathy for them...






I remember putting up my thought about street beggar sometimes ago; and, my recent tour along Taman Mayang Night Market, have again aroused my anger towards those beggars on the street! I come to ponder if our country has long neglected the welfare of their citizens, obviously not! A tour along Taman Mayang night market has really opened my eyes again; widen my thought & so as to remain disdainful of those lying along the street!

It is quite an eyesore to see those beggars begging for money along the Night market street where bunch of local residents & foreigners strolling through them. These beggars are able-human being, physically, and, It hurts me the most to come across a mother sitting amid the busy street holding her baby up to prey on human gullibility & sympathy. It is such a shame. The baby is innocent & shouldn’t be used as a begging-tool!

All these prompt me to question what soft of impression do we intend to portray to foreign visitors with those beggars around? It is more than obvious, could create an impact to our image as a developing country, and certainly backfired government investment to nurture an unblemished image of Malaysia.

Last but not least, I hope you have never fallen for them, because it has never happen to me; Of course, not being uncharitable or cold-hearted, but my sentiment towards those beggars have always remain unchanged- they should have earned their living with their hands, not to trade off their integrity for human sympathy!

No comments: