Saturday, January 06, 2007

Prince: 'Wait'..'Wait'..and 'Wait'...

Wait! Many couples wish to wait, but they do not realize that relationship can’t wait! The trend of ‘waiting’ has become a dilemma of a promising relationship!

The world is evolving, and is molding a new era of human behavior which also leads to the dwindling number of married couples in the society.

Couples start to shift their focus towards career, with greater emphasis on money & status than relationship; and the word – relationship, only seen at the bottom of their priority list.

I must say, it is some sort of self-deceiving act for couples! They have forgotten the fundamental of human behavior – greediness!

Many couples thought of putting career first and relationship after that, but they do not realize that ‘Wait’ is a very dangerous word due to greediness! Who would consider ‘enough as enough’; the fact is nothing is more than enough especially ‘Money’.

A couple before tighten the knot may have excused, ‘I have yet got my promotion to a manager; I have to focus on my career; I afraid I can’t juggle my time between relationship’

After realizing their career objective, here come another excuses, ‘let’s wait for 2 years, till we are stable financially; I afraid I can’t afford to have too many things in life’

At last, they can’t wait, and married, husband / wife is looking forward for a baby, and here come another excuses, ‘Ok, I think we got to wait for another 2 years before we can have a baby; it is difficult to juggle between career & family especially with a baby’

Wait. And wait!

Time passes-by as the pendulum swing; the couple is aging, and hitting the end of biological cycle! That’s when they start to think about the past; even if they do have a baby; they may be too old to see their child as a grown man!

Commitment phobia, perhaps, one of the reasons after greediness, is often seen among the younger generation nowadays. And, I must admit that no cure for such a psychological problem; except changing the education system, and hopefully with better education system could change the thought of younger generation.

My advice to those could think, don’t wait…ops… perhaps, not too long, because this is life…

No comments: