Friday, January 19, 2007

Prince: Risky Office Environment...

It could be a while before I realize that my position is in danger in office. Things are quite rough lately, argument between assistant brand manager & marketing manager grew awful, and one determined to leave the company proffering her resignation to the Big Boss. I would be too naïve to perceive it ends here, the sea may seen beautiful with ray of sunlight shining above the sea water, and filled with serenity but, could be an earth shake under water where non could have perceived.

The assistant brand manager has suddenly become a rumormonger, but being perceived as a victim of the ‘argument’. She practically speaks with everyone who lunch with her about her manager, and stood her position firmly that ‘I am right’, and ‘he is wrong’ soft of attitude. I would personally think that this is pretty stupid to even complaint to MD during exit interview.

Anyway, you must have wondered it got nothing to do with me, and why am I being insecure. Well, one thing leads to another; the first resignation letter is always contagious. My assistant brand manager had in fact voiced her intention to leave the company to further her study in the State; god knows when it is but soon. 9 months in the company, and yet I am still doing routine job without getting in touch with analysis work, because she usually did everything and leave the ‘fin-soup’ (so-called!) for me. I wasn’t learning much yet to take over her job; thinking of her leaving the company, I would have to bear much heavier responsibility with such shallow experience in analysis job. Could that be her strategy to keep everything until her last day, then it could my doom!

No comments: