Sunday, January 28, 2007

Prince: Oh..Boss..Please...

Tooth brush said, ‘I have got a shitty job’

Toilet Roll said, ‘Yeah, right! Look at me!’

I am not here to grumble about my boss but it is really too much. Still remember that evening, I packed my stuff ready to go back at 6.30pm (official office hours till 5.30pm); Understanding that now is the hectic period preparing marketing plan to be presented to Japan HQ, but I have got my work done, and of course, I should be able to leave anytime, after all, I have already worked an hour extra for company; more over, if you have got something for me, please delegate early in the morning so that I can finish it before the day.

Before I walk out of the door, my senior said, ‘Are you going back now?’

‘Yes, I have done my work’, I replied

‘No, you can not go back, it is critical period, why are you look so relax’, she said

‘I have finished my work already, you got anything for me on the marketing plan, or otherwise I will leave now’, I replied with sincerity.

‘No, your part is done, I will do the rest myself, but you can not go back so early; boss must have something for you, he always like last minutes, you better stay back, let me call him now, see if anything he wants to give you’, she said.

Calling boss, ‘Hello, you got anything for Steve, because he is leaving now’, she asked my boss in the phone.

Perhaps, my boss had in fact allowed me to go back, judging from my senior conversation with him because my senior said ‘What about Singapore? He can help you, what about Data Key-In? Let him do it for you’

My colleague over heard and voice his dissatisfaction by saying that ‘He had finished his work then you should let him go back, it is not fair to do so’ He said.

My senior colleague, firmly & anxiously replied ‘no, can not, you must understand our boss always like to do last minute thing, and I don’t want to come back in weekend for this, you all better stay back late to finish up everything’

All of us speechless, I do not mind to stay back late but it must be something good, not solely satisfying some personal jealousy. The way she did it as if intentionally without good mean.

I have offered my help a few times, but she prefers to do it alone, and when under stress, take me as a scapegoat. It is unbearable.

Meanwhile, my boss is another problematic person; he likes to force us back to office during weekend to do his ‘job’. Yes, judging at the situation, he prefers to supervise than performing his own duty. Often, we do not know why he is wondering around in the office in weekend, while we put our head closely to monitor preparing ‘his’ marketing plan. All he did is ask, ‘Steve, is that part done? Steve, is this part done? Steve, is the other part done? I need to have a look! We are running out of time, faster!’ And all he did is walking here and there, or simulating movement of playing golf, or stretch himself a little bit as if working out in gym!!!!

Now, you think you have got a bad boss, look at mine first! You think you have done lot of shitty job in work? Look at me first…

No comments: