Friday, February 11, 2005

In Kampung...

I am writing this in my grandpa’s house in Bukit Tambun, together with all the kids around me, making up a lot of noise, plus all the firecracker, firing in front of me. I must say, the New Year ambience is perfect.

But I can not believe my “baby laptop” had attracted much attention, children age from 8 to 15, with at least 10 of them started to throng around me, looking perplex. I was discombobulated by the squeeze-up, making me almost breathless.

I wondered how vulnerable and ignorant they are. They do not even realize that this little computer is called “laptop” or “notebook”. I don’t mind if a 5 years old kid asked me that, but a form 3 students asking me what is that little thing that look like a computer, is really hurt! Government spent million of dollars in education, and that’s why our Vice P.M had commented a few days back, that our investment does not produce the expected outcome.

No comments: