Tuesday, February 15, 2005

What IS REligion today?

I have a conversation with my relative in her fifties. She is a Buddhist, and commented on Karma. She said those who sell liquor will suffer bad Karma because they sell “drunk” to people, and sometimes people got into accident and die.

I was born in a multi-religion environment, undergone my secondary school in S.M.K.Seberang Perak and was transferred to St.Michael for form 4 and form 5, I was exposed to Buddhism, Taoism, Christianity, Muslim, Catholic and many more.

I also have friends from various religion backgrounds, and I was being persuaded to convert or to embrace certain religion, but personally, I prefer to be rational, and free-thinker.

Religion is formulated to control human being because we are vulnerable and easily been carried away by the moment, and only then, religion can bring us back to the right track, lighting our path.

Every religion teaches us something good, but if we believe too much that we can not ponder rationally would generally lead us to superstition.

If Liquor trader received bad Karma, then we should also condemn car maker as well because they lead to the increasing number of car accidents in Malaysia by selling car to Human Being! Or you should also condemn Kwok Foundation for producing sugar because it would leads to diabetes.

Another funny conversation with a relative of mine, explaining the benefit of becoming a monk, saying that it provides spiritual health. I wonder what would happen if everyone of us become a monk or nun!

Another funny escapade, I bang into a lady trying to talk me into adopting Christianity. I wouldn’t furious if she did not make her comment on other religion. She describes other religions as devil because it would lead them to disbelieve Jesus. She asked me to believe in god only.

I beg to all god, please correct the mistake made by Human being. What had happen to our world, even religion start to become commercialized!? I pray in front of Jesus when I am in Church, I pray to every god in every temple in my visit, because I believe in their existence, and I certainly believe they teaches people good and only help those who practice human kindness.

I will not blankly believe in a god, but they shall command my respect because they help human being psychologically and spiritually. What ever we do, as long as we do not jeopardize others in the process, we shall be in blessing.

No comments: