Saturday, February 12, 2005

Same Old QUEStion....

I celebrated the same New Year every year, expecting the same question again and again. I can even forecast what is coming in the next two days in New Year, with an accurate and clear outcome, even easier than hitting a jackpot. Probably, I have been celebrating this New Year for 23 and half years! I am hungered for something different every year, but nothing much different though! At least, allow me to have some surprises, such as hitting “jackpot”! Then I shall remember this year!

Meanwhile, one particular question that the-CG- “Conservative Group” keep asking me!

This is how the conversation goes each time I start to have a little chat with the “Old Group”.

“Ah Yew ah! So tall already ar!” (translate from my grandma, grandpas’ dialect)

“Got girlfriends already or not?” (This is annoying, try to imagine I was asked at least 6 times a day! I can even tell you who will ask this question!)

My typical answer would be, “Nope, No time for girlfriend, I have to study and working at the same time, really have no time for this relationship thingy”

Once they know I have no girlfriend, they will start to talk around, in front of my parents and other relatives, “Why don’t want to find a girlfriend, you are not young already, your parent hunger for Grandson already!” (Basically, my parent never even thinks about it, they just like to make it up! I would just smile at this junction.)

Then they will start to do extra little thingy which we call “PAT”, what they would usually say is,
“Our relatives, XXdadadidadadi, his daughter is same age as yours, and still single, pretty and highly educated, I introduce you want or not!”


Arrgghhhhh……..

Gosh, that is what I expected as usual, I will usually pretend to drop the line and “ciow”.

No comments: