Monday, January 24, 2005

Looking AROUND...

Office politic affects efficiency of the company, and it always does! I was advise not to join Education field in such a young age, due to my aggressiveness from my past experience in my previous job, I caught my friends in surprise by joining the Education field, as they perceive education industry is a bit laid back.

I never regret in making my choice, and I like my superior who cares so much about me. Kit and Stephen have always been there to help me. But, due to strong political affair in my office, I must retreat.

I condemn office politic because it affects the efficiency of an organization, usually, the leader must try to foster the team work culture, however, I must say they fail to do so, and in fact, I think they do not even realize that, “political virus” is penetrating the office, and it is deadly virus for any organization.

I have been known to be a strong survival in office politic, but, in this situation, I must retreat. I remember once I was told, you can work 100% in office, but in a political office environment, you have to work 100%, plus another 100% (smart) to get yourself noticed! And certainly I will receive a lot of red eyes!

I have a few mentors, which I respect so much; they taught me so much since I was 13 years old. They taught me about surviving skills in society, in office and in life. They taught me how to make choice, set my principle and how to make thing right at the right time, and what’s more, they always like to discuss about strategies (certainly not business strategies, but ancient war strategies, which makes me feel like an old man! gosh, it was so bored! ) I do not know the usefulness of the discussion though I had spent 6 years with them, but slowly, I found it to be most useful when you are in trouble. Meanwhile, they called this as extra knowledge and surviving skills. God! I miss them so much; I must pay them a visit when I am back! Another 2 weeks time…

No comments: