Friday, January 14, 2005

PERsonality TEst...

I had supper with my colleague and a friend on mine at Steven’s corner tonight, we were chatting, and brought up the topic about personality test and so far. She related her experience in her club in University that her superior likes to use questioning during interview to gauge personality of the interviewee. We had a little argument over the topic. As far as my own concern, I do not believe in personality test, though, sometimes it proved to be quite accurate, relating my personality. Yes, I did personality test before, and the result does not please me. I would say, human-being like to blame external factor when committed mistake.

It reminds me about psychometric test, adopted by some company to test the interviewee’s personality before he/she actually recruited. I do not condemn personality test, but, I believe company should have a set of written personality specification. For example, company will not employ staff that are dishonest, crafty or politician.

The reason of Psychometric test is to match the right people with right job, nevertheless, it has it flaw though. If psychometric test is widely implemented, employee is unable to change their field of expertise, if by chance, they would like to learn or experience new field! If I am in P.R for years, and would like to work under Sales, I might not be recruited anyway.

It kills the leaning process, and what’s more, it inflicts human-right! We lost our privacy. How on earth we allow other to know our personality!

Our conversation carries on until she told me about my personality as best describe as “Sanguinian”. You may wonder what Sanguinian is. If you flip through dictionary, you will find Sangunian means a person with striking personality, best equip with out-spoken and extrovert character, at which I believe I hate the most! (And yes, apparently, I realize that I actually hate myself!) It moulds me into someone that I do not want to be, and I feel faked (as I always do!).

No comments: